The new year is right around the corner and we know people are making resolutions left and right. While we don’t normally like to use resolutions because they can set us up for failure and negative feelings, we do like to set intentions. These are things that we would like to do in the new year. We like to make a list of intentions, where it’s just a list of items we intend to do in the year to come. We like to keep our intentions short and a little vague so that they can be easy to reflect on when the year comes to a close. Before we share some tips and ideas on what to include on your intention list, we want you to take a few minutes to reflect on the year we just had!
It’s been a crazy roller coaster of a year, and sometimes we forget that when we don’t give ourselves a moment to look back to see how far we’ve come. To help you reflect on 2018 we’ve come up with a few questions you can use to help guide your reflection. Grab some paper and a pen or pull out the notes section on your phone and let’s get to reflecting.
|1. How am I different from the person I was in the beginning of this year?
2. Do I consider the changes to myself or my lifestyle positive or negative and what events or personal efforts caused it? Is this what I envisioned for myself?
3. What am I most proud of myself for this year?
4. What could I have done better? What could I have been more disciplined with?
5. Was there anything holding me back from accomplishing a goal? (i.e fear of failure, lack of discipline, not enough time, focused on something else, poor time management)
6. What can I still do with the remainder of this year? (i.e continue the discipline you’ve had with a goal or start tackling/planning one you did not get around to)
7. What am I most grateful for this year?
8. How do I feel during this reflection?
9. How can I start 2019 stronger than I started in 2018?
|We know these can be some tough questions to answer and can bring on a rollercoaster of thoughts and emotions…but no matter what the answer to these questions are, we want you to know that YOU ARE AMAZING! And it is never too late to pursue your dreams, accomplish your goals, and keep working towards the life you envision.
We encourage you to still take some steps towards the intentions, goals, or resolutions you set at the beginning of this year and start 2019 off stronger than ever! If physical fitness was part of your goals for 2018 check out our post on Why it’s so hard sticking to your workoutfor some feels. Don’t forget to check out our list of our favorite motivational books of 2018!
We’re looking forward to seeing all the amazing things you will accomplish in 2019 and we can’t wait to be there for you every step of the way. If you wan’t a little extra push save your spot for the upcoming vision board party taking place in January!