- 2-4 avocados, Hass preferably
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper, diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- juice of lime to taste (1-2)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut and pit the avocados. Slice open the avocados and remove the pit. Scoop out the avocado and add to a large bowl.
- Cut your vegetables. Dice the onion and jalapeno pepper. Finely chop the cilantro. Add to the large bowl with avocados. If you’d like it less spicy deseed the jalapeno peppers.
- Mash up the mixture. Using a potato masher or a fork mash up the mixture until smooth with a little chunky texture.
- Add some flavor. Add the juice of a lime or two and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to combine and taste, adjust lime, salt and pepper as needed.
- Serve and enjoy. Serve in your favorite bowl alongside some toppings!
Do you make guacamole? Is your recipe different from ours? Let us know in the comments! If you give this recipe a try share it with us using #nmceats